The meetings of the German Association of Technical Communication and information development which are staged twice a year have become one of the most important trade events for technical documentation, and apart from passing on trade-related information it ensures a direct exchange of experiences, in particular communication among a broad audience.
The meeting is staged annually in November in the Rhein-Main-Hallen in Wiesbaden and attracts visitors from all over the world. Together with the TC World Conference and the Tekom fair staged at the time, it has meanwhile developed into the trade’s biggest event in Europe. Participants are offered a varied program including more than 150 lectures, workshops, tutorials, and discussion forums. Highranking and renowned officials present the latest developments regarding technical documentation and communication.
Moreover, there were 2 presentations by our customers to which we would like to draw your particular attention:
“Three in one: Content Management, Translation Memory , Electronic Parts Catalogs”
Olaf Haulsen, Voith Turbo Scharfenberg GmbH & Co.KG, Salzgitter Katrin Langosch and Tobias Weber, Voith Turbo Lokomotivtechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Kiel
“Manuals and spare parts catalog: supplier interfaces using Brückner Maschinenbau GmbH as an example”
Bernhard A. Pauli
The following Topics were awaiting you on our stand:
- 3DVIA – Integration: 3D-spare parts catalogs now also with 3DVIA-Technology from Dassault / SolidWorks
- Teamcenter – Integration: 2D- and 3D-spare parts catalogs generated straight from the PLM-System Teamcenter
- CATALOGcreator® as spare parts portal with new modules based on Microsoft – Sharepoint:
- Complaints management: recording, qualification and structured processing of complaints and objections
- Guarantee handling: Central process (opt. with ERP-Integration) for structured recording and processing of guarantee claims
- Search Center: Searching the whole portal or individual data and documents.
- Document management: Efficient administration of all types of documents using structured metadata and familiar folders. Full versioning of documents and metadata. Adjustable automatic messaging in the case of any changes. Document proformas with content templates.
- Knowledge management: Structuring overall knowledge using individual service activities throughout the portal.
- SAP E-Commerce Service Parts Pack: the fully integrated solution for SAP electronic spare parts catalogs based on CATALOGcreator® – technology.
- CATALOGcreator® 6.0:
- Fully automatic production of 2D- and 3D-spare parts catalogs from ERP-, PLM – and CAD-data.
- Fully automatic production of electronic catalogs linked with circuit diagrams, EIS’s and article numbers of all common electronic CAD systems using their standard export functionality.
- CC Doculink: complete integration of descriptive documents and electronic spare parts catalogs giving Voith Turbo Lokomotivtechnik GmbH & Co. KG as an example. Automatically generated bi-directional links with building blocks and building block elements with related chapters in the manual.
- Highspeed Print export: ultra fast generation of PDF catalogs, with format changes, bookmarks, index and content list etc..
- Dynamic Online Catalogs: catalogs which are created on the fly from a data pool when accessing a machine number/serial number. By means of a holder rights system you can define which user gets access to which content.
- XVL technology: generate highly compressed 3D-models straight from the CAD-construction data and use them inter-departmental – f.i. in the spare parts catalog, for training, assembly, manufacturing purposes etc.